Sunday, November 11, 2012

Santa Claus...

I love this weather.
So.
Dang.
Much.


I love listening to Christmas music.
Yes, I know it's not Thanksgiving yet.
Sue me.

I am soooo excited for Thanksgiving!

See, you can still appreciate and enjoy and look forward to Thanksgiving while listening to Christmas music.

Here's the thing.

The last two months of the year are probably the most special to me. And that's because of one thing.

Family.

Family, family, family. I am convinced in my heart of heart, my soul of soul, that the family is central to God's plan of happiness. I know this too be true.

Yes, I so enjoy getting and giving presents. Yes, the snow makes everything more magical. The season is one of greatness and joy and love.

But, without family and without God...presents, snow, etc...they mean nothing.

It's because of family, my one on Earth and my one above, that I believe in Santa Claus, that I enjoy the snow more, that I have something to laugh about.


And I am so grateful I can have mine forever.

So, next time you are outside in that magical snowfall, next time you are hearing those sleigh-bells, next time you are dancing to the glorious Christmas music, next time you feel a thrill of hope to know that Thanksgiving is so close...

Remember that hand that wrote it all, and what He has given you that is far more important than any worldly thing.

I love you all. Happy Sabbath.

With utmost sincerity,
Kaitlin R.   

      

No comments:

Post a Comment