Saturday, September 15, 2012

It's nice...

It's nice to know you exist.
To feel the breath going in and out of you.
To feel your heart beating.
Existence is excellent.
Like a cold breath of fresh clear air.
Existence is, of course, infinite.
We existed before, we will exist after, and we will exist always.

Read Gilead, a book by Marilynn Robinson. It's such a wonderful book. It talks about existence. It talks about life, and pain, and I guess in some ways they're the same thing. 
As The Man In Black said, "Life is pain, Highness! Anyone who says differently is selling something."

And while I find that quote incredibly hilarious, I do not wholly  agree.
I mean, I agree that in life there is pain...lots of it...but that not the only reason why we're here. Yes, we have to know pain, but we have to know pain so we can know relief.

"She sat there then, looking out the window. Wondering why the world looked so gray. Life is more than just gray though. And in reality, there is no gray, there is only black and white...nevertheless, gray is such a lovely color." 

There is only black and white. Black and white in regards to the commandments of the Lord. There is no fence sitting. You are with Him or against Him. Living though, is meant to be so colorful. Why else would the Lord make so many colors. One of them gray, which happens to be one of my favorites.

Green and Gray...

One day I may write the rest of that sentence for you all to see.
But for now it is locked in my head and heart. And written many times in my journal.
I repeat it to myself every time there is a storm, and some days when there isn't one.

With utmost sincerity,
Kaitlin R.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment